Sex Machine Racing has engineered the ultimate dry clutch system for the Honda Grom 125 / MSX 125! Built with the best design and material possible, the SMR dry clutch kit was designed to handle all type of riding and performance modification on the Grom! There are 16 CNC billet parts in the Hydraulic Version kit, all CNC'd with the highest precision from T-6061 aluminum! Every part will go together and perform together flawlessly! In addition to the kit, all billet parts have been hand polished prior to anodizing to provide the best shine and finish after anodizing!
Sex Machine Racing 6 Plate Dry Clutch kit includes all gaskets, seals, o-rings, hardware, bearings, and parts that are required for installation. The detailed instructions will allow those with moderate-professional mechanical background and knowledge to easily install the kit. Splitting the engine case is required!
The Dry Clutch Kit is designed to be used with OEM 4-Speed Transmission. If you want to pair it up with a 5-speed transmission, it would only work with Takegawa 5-Speed, however, a different output gear is required from SMR (additional $60, special ordered item)
There are a lot of benefits of having an SMR Dry Clutch kit, please see below:
SMR Dry Clutch Kit Benefits:
- -Delivers more power/torque to the wheel under any riding condition and style.
- -Separates the clutch from the engine = no longer contaminate the engine oil with clutch particles, shavings, or residues.
- -Easy access to change clutch-plates, to service, or to maintain the clutch.
- -SMR Large CNC clutch cover will help dissipate heat from the engine.
- -No clutch fade from hard riding, racing, or running the winding mounting roads. Usually wet clutch will start to show signs of slipping when the engine oil is running very hot.
- -SMR integrated an oil filter, which will provide actual filtration to the engine oil. OEM set up has no oil filter.
- -Eliminates the oil spinner = quicker throttle response
- -Built-in oil cooler passage, which allows you to easily install an oil cooler.
- -Ability to use any type of engine oil doesn't need to be wet-clutch specific.
- -Extend the life of the engine oil.
- -Clutch is no longer sitting in oil = no more rotational drag from the engine oil.
- -Sounds like a Ducati.
- -Looks Badass.
In addition to the SMR 6 Disc Dry Clutch kit (Hydraulic Version), the following items will need to be purchased in order for the kit to work. These items are NOT included with the kit. If you would like to add these items into your shopping cart, please see related items.
- -Clutch Mastercylinder
- -36" Clutch line/hose (aftermarket brake hose could be used)
- -M10x1.0 Banjo Bolt (brake Banjo bolts could be used)
Note: Removing the engine from the chassis and splitting the engine case is required for installation. Professional installation is highly recommended! If you would like us to install the SMR 6 Disc Dry Clutch system onto your engine, please contact us for pricing!
Videos and additional photos:
Instagram Video: http://instagram.com/p/tVtPUIl_5z/?modal=true