Chimera RKD Honda Ruckus Disc Brake Converter allows you to retain the OEM steel front rim when converting to front disc brake; eliminating the need to find a matching rim to go with the rear. Direct bolt on with very minor drilling and slight grinding where needed. Save time and money, purchase a Chimera RKD converter!
- - Chimera RKD converter hub
- - 12mm to 10mm reducer spacers
- - Precut axle spacers to be used with Feign forks.
- - Hardware
Highly recommended to be used with Feign SB front disc brake coversion as the spacers are made for that kit.
-Speedometer will no longer work, we recommend upgrading to a digital speedometer for better accuracy.
-Grinding is only necessary if the hub is a tight slip into the brake lining. The steel brake lining diameter varies in sizes depending on how many miles you have on your front rim.
- Put the hub adapter in place of the rim.
- Using a long drill bit (smaller than 7mm [17/64"] diameter), drill the rim slightly to make a pilot mark on all mounting holes, make sure the drill bit position is straight.
- Remove the hub adapter, this would expose the pilot marks. Then drill the holes through on the pilot mark.
- Get a 5/16" drill bit or 8mm to enlarge the hole so that the M8 bolts would fit. You could also open it a little large if the holes are slightly off. Theses bolt holes are to secure the hub to the rim so that you could attach the disc rotor on there.
- Apply a small amount of BLUE Loctite on all bolts.